Hey, I’m Mike Daugherty. I serve teachers who are looking for the best ways to implement technology in their classroom. I give them the resources to integrate new technology while making it feel exciting, not scary. I also work with technology directors who are looking for ways to improve their department and the leadership role they hold within their district. I provide them with the tools they need to have more success while sprinkling in some customer service advice along the way.
- got seventeen years experience in K-12 technology support serving a wide variety of roles.
- authored a book on IT leadership called “Modern EdTech Leadership“.
- been featured on sites such as Network Word, CIO, and Tech & Learning.
- received an award from the State of Ohio for Technology Innovation.
- received honorable mention in the national Digital Innovation Learning Awards.
- been selected as the 2016 Outstanding Technology-Using Administrator of the Year in Ohio.
And when I am not writing posts for this site or checking out the latest edtech innovations, I can be found hanging out with my wife and three children. I’m also a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan so I spend many Sunday afternoons watching them play. I mean, watching as much as one can possibly watch with three young kids running around! I’m also an avid poker player although I don’t get a chance to play as much as I’d like.
If you’re dying to know more, here are a few things you don’t know about me:
- I have a healthy addiction to Starbucks (but who doesn’t now a days, right?)
- I’m a disturbingly big fan of Gravity Falls on Nickelodeon.
- I’m a sucker for old school Nintendo(NES) games like Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda.
- I’ll watch just about any movie related to time travel no matter how awesome (Back to the Future) or awful (The Butterfly Effect 3) it turns out to be.