When designing a successful technology department, the goal should be to build a team of individuals who can support the district stakeholders with confidence, personality and patience. These are the skills you want every member of your team to possess. Below you’ll find the position description you can use when hiring a support technician.
Job Title: Systems Support Technician
Contract Days/School Year: 12-Month/260 Days
Pay Range Assignment: Competitive
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Technology
Positions Supervised: None
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Under supervision from the Director of Technology, the systems support technician is responsible for the day to day break-fix and preventative maintenance of the district’s computing devices, network infrastructure, and software packages.
- Able to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals with minimal supervision.
- Document problem resolutions
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Provide end user training
- Communicate through exceptional oral and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems or similar degree
- A+ and Network+ , preferred
- Experience in an educational environment, preferred
- General office conditions